Re: [leafnode-list] Problems with leafnode

On Sunday 27 April 2003 11:46 am, you wrote:
> I used the command host hostname as per William Hoopers suggestion, and the
> resulting error message was:
> pfj@linux:~>host hostname
>
> In the leafnode README file it sais to use telnet and connect to your ISP
> to find out your  unique fully-qualified domain name (FQDN)
> I can connect using telnet and the server accepts my user name and pasword
> but then just states Authentication successful.
> Speaking to the help desk at my isp is useless.  They don't know what I'm
> taking about and just keep telling me that such a FQDN is not possible as a
> random ID is generated each time I log on.
> So what now.  I'm stuck.

my email address is phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so for my FQDN I use
miracleexpress.force9.co.uk and it works for me. I also have a dynamic IP
address, which is allocated everytime i log on.

I do get LOTS of spams though, whether this is the cause or not I dont know.

Hope that helps

--

Phil Deane
http://www.MiracleExpress.force9.co.uk