Re: [leafnode-list] Problems with leafnode

Peter James <petefjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sunday 27 April 2003 10:52, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> Try telnetting to your own computer. telnet 127.0.0.1 119 should work
>> and shouldn't talk anything about authentication. If that works, try
>> telnet localhost 119, then try "telnet host.name.as.in.knode 119". Also
>> see http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/README-FQDN.html
>>
> Tried the above and all failed.  Downloaded the web page which is the same, I
> think as README-FQDN in the leafnode installation.  Still no wiser.  I
> installed leafnode under Suse 7.3 last year, with no problem.  Sorry to be so
> stupid, but I feel I'm beating my head against a wall on this.

Can you telnet 127.0.0.1 119 and see a leafnode greeting banner? (Type
QUIT and press enter to get out of leafnode if you get the banner).

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/