Re: [leafnode-list] Oddness sucking large groups

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 13:02, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Pim van Riezen schrieb am 2003-05-06:
>
> > My fetchnews seems to be hanging on a 220 server reply and stards
>
> Pim,
>
> Which leafnode/fetchnews version are you using?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I'm running 1.9.33-rel.

> What operating system is your software installed on?

A vanilla Redhat9 box. Kernel 2.4.20, glibc-2.3.2.

> Can you tell what server software and version your upstream server is
> using? (try telnet server.example.org 119, then type QUIT and paste the
> greeting banner into your reply mail)

It's diablo:
200 dreader5.news.xs4all.nl NNRP Service Ready - newsmaster@xxxxxxxxx
(posting ok).

> > alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cd: cannot parse server reply "220
> > 3335214 <b969ov32c8h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> article"

It looks like it's choking on oversized messages, if I'm parsing that
220 correctly.

Cheers,
Pi