Re: [leafnode-list] still not succeeding ...

Werner Partner <kairos@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Some time ago I wrote about that I do not see the deleted postings.
> I propose that leafnode works correct, nevertheless I would be better
> informed if I knew _which_postings are deleted.

What information do you want? I may not be able to log all information
you request, but what should a log for a killed file look like?

> fetchnews gives following protokol:
>
> fetchnews: version 2.0.0.alpha20030209a; verbosity level is 3; debugging
> level is 289
> fetchnews mode: get articles, get headers, get bodies, post articles
> last active refetch 51 days ago.
> lockfile_exists(timeout=5), fqdn="idefix.dom"

That's not a fqdn.

> What about debugging level?

Using the proper might reveal more information. See DEBUGGING for
how to configure your syslog daemon.

> I just see that last active refetch is 51 days ago, what is active
> refetch - and how often should it be?

Depends on your configuration. Leafnode checks for new groups, so this
is harmless, the refetch is only there to weed out cruft (groups that
have been deleted by the hierarchy's administrator, upstream).

--
Matthias Andree
leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/