[leafnode-list] More problems with leafnode

I have now succeeded in getting Knode to work with leafnode and display the
list of newsgroups available on my ISP''s server.  I have marked the NG's I
want to read and reconnected as shown below.

linux:/home/pfj # /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -vvv -n
leafnode 1.9.33.rel: verbosity level is 3
Don't automatically unsubscribe unread newsgroups.
Cannot obtain lock file, aborting.

Also the log file in /var/log/news/news.crit shows listing after listing
similar to the followiing
[1700]: Newsgroup name conflict, chose microsoft.public.ae.arabic.office2000