[leafnode-list] Problems in connecting to server.

Hi there,

I've just installed 1.9.40 on a Linux Mandrake 8.2 machine. Using
xinetd.

I've followed instructions to the letter, but seem to have problems in
connecting.

All programs seem to work and I can connect to leafnode by typing
"leafnode". However when I try to telnet to port 119, I don't see any
'link' between leafnode and that port.

I get the following:

[root@rosbif cab]# telnet 127.0.0.1 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

What appears in the logs is the following:

May 11 12:47:49 rosbif leafnode[3376]: can't open config file /etc/hosts.access: No such file or directory
May 11 12:47:50 rosbif leafnode[3376]: refused connect from [AF=65535] to leafnode@[AF=65535] at unknown line (0?)

My hosts.allow file is:
----
[root@rosbif cab]# cat /etc/hosts.allow
#
# hosts.allow   This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.

leafnode : 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
----
My hosts.deny file is:
[root@rosbif cab]# cat /etc/hosts.deny
#
# hosts.deny    This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               *not* allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#
# The portmap line is redundant, but it is left to remind you that
# the new secure portmap uses hosts.deny and hosts.allow.  In particular
# you should know that NFS uses portmap!

ALL:ALL EXCEPT 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1:DENY
leafnode: ALL
----

I created a /etc/hosts.access file to be identical to /etc/hosts.allow
to see what that gives, but I still get the second error 'refuse
connect' in the log

I turned on debugging to see what happenes, but nothing out of the
ordinary pops up.

Has anyone got any ideas?

TIA,

Cab