[leafnode-list] Problems with leafnode

Thank you for your e-mail with regard to my problems with leafnode.
I tried using fetchnews as instructed by you and can report that in the case
of following the normal fetchnews command with -echo $? the fetchnews failed
with:
"Reading newsgroups descriptions failed: 501 bad command usage."

Using fetchnews -w the command was not recognised and leafnode would not start

Peter James