Re: [leafnode-list] Message displayed after downloading articles

José María Mateos schrieb am 2003-05-17:

> 	After running fetchnews, I get several:
>
> article /var/spool/news/comp/programming/765 contained illegal headers
>
> 	(for example). Does it mean that message was filtered due to the
> configuration of /etc/newds/leafnode/filters?

No, the filtering happens earlier, before fetchnews starts a background
process and returns to the shell.

In your case, something with the headers of the article was wrong
(usually a missing mandatory header that was falsely accepted by the
server it was posted on), and the header hasn't been converted into
XOVER format and hasn't been stored into the data base (by some software
still called NOV).