Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode doesn't unsubscribe unread groups

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 04:11:02PM -0400, Gerry Doris wrote:

> I checked my setup (RH 7.3 and latest leafnode).  leafnode is still
> downloading news groups that I haven't accessed in months.  The messages
> are being expired correctly after being kept for two weeks.
>
> I am the only user so no one else is reading them.  leafnode downloads new
> messages in subscribed news groups every 6 hours.  It is not running in
> delaybody mode.

Define "accessed". If those groups are still subscribed in your newsreader
they'll get "touched" even if you do not activly read them. That's enough
to keep leafnode subscribed...

--
The trouble with superheros is what to do between phone booths.
		-- Ken Kesey