Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode doesn't unsubscribe unread groups

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 21:11, Gerry Doris wrote:
> I checked my setup (RH 7.3 and latest leafnode).  leafnode is still
> downloading news groups that I haven't accessed in months.  The messages
> are being expired correctly after being kept for two weeks.

> I am the only user so no one else is reading them.  leafnode downloads new
> messages in subscribed news groups every 6 hours.  It is not running in
> delaybody mode.

I've been experiencing the same here; I haven't been worried about it,
because it's just used by me.  I've just been rming some interesting.group
files every now and again.  Unfortunately, I last did this a couple of days
ago, so I don't have any possibly-broken files to check the timestamps of.

SuSE 7.2; leafnode 1.38 (and a few versions before, too.)

"It's the small gaps between the rain that count,
 and learning how to live amongst them."
	      -- Jeff Noon