[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.41.devel1 available
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I have made a leafnode snapshot that incorporates the "leafnode doesn't
unsubscribe from groups even weeks after my newsreader did" fix and the
experimental delaybody_in_situ workaround that may help Knode users who
want to use delaybody (in KNode, set your article cache to 0 kB. The
article header cache may remain at the former value).
Download from http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
Here are the relevant NEWS and ChangeLog excerpts:
* 1.9.41, 2003-05-XX (no official release yet, developer snapshots available)
- - Fix the "leafnode keeps fetching a group I've unsubscribed from long ago"
bug that haunted leafnode since 1.9.18 at the latest and that was more
prominent with the delaybody migration fixes of 1.9.33.
- - "make clean" no longer erases t.pcre_extract
- - Add an EXPERIMENTAL feature, delaybody_in_situ. This may work around
problems with particular newsreaders in delaybody mode. Do not rely on this
feature for now, and do send feedback if you use it, regardless of whether
it works or not.
- - Some messages in fetchnews have been reworded to make them clearer and more
- - Find tcpd on OpenBSD at build time. Patch by Bruno Rohee.
2003-05-20 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
--- snapshot 1.9.41.devel1 ---
* config.example, configutil.c, fetchnews.c, leafnode.8.in,
leafnode.h, doc_german/leafnode.8.in: Commit delaybody_in_situ
* fetchnews.c: Be more careful not to write the interesting.groups
file unless it is really needed, to avoid keeping a group
interesting when the last user has already unsubscribed.
* fetchnews.c: EXPERIMENTAL patch to append article bodies in situ,
to improve compatibility.
* fetchnews.c: Improve error message and one comment.
* Makefile.am: Fix trashing t.pcre_extract at make clean time.
2003-05-18 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* FAQ.xml, fetchnews.c: Add nodesc=1 instructions when reading the
newsgroup descriptions fails.
2003-05-15 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* doc_german/leafnode.8.in: Fix typo.
2003-05-11 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* configure.ac: Patch by Bruno Rohee to let configure find tcpd on
2003-05-08 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* fetchnews.c: Reword messages around forking the xover updater
process to be less technical.
leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list