Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode doesn't unsubscribe unread groups

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Bruno Rohee wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 04:11:02PM -0400, Gerry Doris wrote:
> >
> > I checked my setup (RH 7.3 and latest leafnode).  leafnode is still
> > downloading news groups that I haven't accessed in months.  The messages
> > are being expired correctly after being kept for two weeks.
> >
> > I am the only user so no one else is reading them.  leafnode downloads new
> > messages in subscribed news groups every 6 hours.  It is not running in
> > delaybody mode.
>
> Define "accessed". If those groups are still subscribed in your newsreader
> they'll get "touched" even if you do not activly read them. That's enough
> to keep leafnode subscribed...

My news reader hasn't had those news groups listed for months.  I thought
they were long gone.  However, I checked today in the interesting.groups
and there they were.  I checked my logs and fetchnews has been happily
downloading new articles.  Also, ls -lc shows that the files had been
updated as late as 13:00 today.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer