Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode doesn't unsubscribe unread groups

Gerry Doris schrieb am 2003-05-20:

> Since leafnode has been happily updating all the files in the
> interesting.groups they all now look like subscribed news groups.  What
> would be the best way to check that leafnode is no longer downloading
> articles in unsubscribed news groups?  Should I just change
>
> timeout_long = 1
>
> and wait a day or do you have a better idea?

You can run fetchnews of the new version, look at the output you get
from

ls -lc interesting.groups

Then wait a couple of minutes without reading news (2 should suffice),
run fetchnews again and then the above ls command again. The time shown
should be identical for any groups that your newsreader hasn't read
during the wait.

Likewise, after reading groups, the time shown for newsgroups that your
newsreader isn't subscribed to should not be updated when your
newsreader starts or fetches new news.

Thanks in advance,
Matthias