[leafnode-list] 'Prioritize' servers ?

After setting up leafnode tonight, I have some questions for which I
couldn't find the answer by reading the docs.

I have defined 2 servers: first my ISP, and then a pay server. When
leafnode downloads messages from the first server, how does it act
when that same article is also on the second server ? Does the article
still gets downloaded, or does leafnode make some kind of link ?

This brings me to my next question: the retention of my pay server is
great, so when a multipart message is partially expired on the first
server, does leafnode automatically fill in the gaps with parts of that
message from the pay server, or does it download the whole message
from the pay server ?

Thanks for any help :)

Dick