Re[2]: [leafnode-list] Failed posting not reported & dots in the Path

MA> Rats, they should fix their systems. RFC-1036 is still in effect, and it
MA> writes (in section 2.1.6) "the existing convention (...) of starting the
MA> path with the host name, an "!", and the user name, should be maintained
MA> when possible." As leafnode doesn't have the user name, it inserts
MA> !news.

I don't think it's about "fixing their systems". The error message is
in Polish, whereas all the other messages you get from the server are
in English - it seems to me like a conscious modification acting as an
"anti-relay" protection.
On the other hand I might be completely wrong about it.
If I'm right, then it's not a bug in Leafnode. If it's so, it would
still be nice to have a possibility (a config file switch?) to "fix"
it without patching the code and without inserting custom headers, as
most people use OE, which does not allow to make such modifications
AFAIK.

mike