Re: [leafnode-list] IPv6 upstream - how?

Walter Hop <walter@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have been running leafnode with lots of pleasure on my home machine.
> Today I've tried to switch to an IPv6 NNTP server, but it seems like
> fetchnews will not connect. As you see in the pasted text, the
> NNTPserver is fine but I can connect to it.

The IPv6 option is only effective for the "leafnode" server, but does
not apply to fetchnews, which uses the old IPv4-only API.

At the moment, the quick solution would be to use leafnode-2, which is
in alpha state but works for me, its fetchnews has IPv6
support. However, you cannot mix-n-match and use only leafnode-2's
fetchnews, but you must replace the whole package. Drawback: there is on
leafnode-2 "port" for FreeBSD yet.

Is leafnode-2 an option for you?