Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode updating articles for clients

On Saturday 07 June 2003  9:46 pm, you wrote:
> Joseph said:
> > Thank you for answering this.
> > Can we get someone to make a GUI please for leafnode?
> > Like make leafnode 2 as an RPM for redhat and mandrake
> > to install and also a gui config tool please?
>
> The Leafnode webpage links to Keafnode:
> http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/v/vogel/lin-apps/keafnode/
>
> And there is also the web based Leafwa:
> http://leafwa.sourceforge.net/

One advantage of a web-based tool rather than a GUI tool is that it is
more likely to be available. For example, if leafnode is being used
in a client-server situation where one leafnode installation is being
used as the newsserver for several different boxes running newsreaders,
then it might not be possible for a client to run a GUI app from the
leafnode server machine. But the client will typically have a web
browser.

--
Phil
The announcement by SCO last week that it intends to sue everyone