Re: [leafnode-list] low drive space issue

Jan Knutar <jknutar@xxxxxx> writes:

> On Sunday 08 June 2003 00:00, you wrote:
>> I only have a couple free gb left on /. I have 10gb
>> free on /home. is there a way to tell leafnode to use
>> only /home? i don't want it to use / when there's
>> hardly any space.
>
> You could create /home/news and symlink /var/spool/news -> /home/news
>
> Which might or might not work... :-/

It will work as long as the whole spool moves. You cannot link
individual hierarchies such as comp/*, because these contain hard links
into the message.id/ directories.

However, for leafnode-1, you must make sure that the path name length
remains unchanged should you later choose to recompile leafnode with a
different --with-spooldir= setting. leafnode-2 doesn't suffer from this
restriction.