Re: [leafnode-list] another example

"Colonel Sam Flagg, U.S. Army Intelligence (ret)" <colonel_flagg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I need a filter example.. not just for crossposting....
>
> Say I want to eliminate alt.binaries.*?

Don't subscribe to these groups :-)

Seriously, leafnode does not yet have a feature to "forbid" groups or
subhierarchies, but you may have some success with the only_groups_pcre
parameter in the "config" file, say:

server = news.example.com
only_groups_pcre = (alt(?!\.binaries)|comp|news|rec)

Beware: I haven't tested this. See "man pcre" for details. (I've used
the so-called "lookahead assertion". This is regular expression magic.)

Remember to run "fetchnews -f" once after changing only_groups_pcre
parameters.

Hope that helps,