Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode not sending response when I connect

Bryan Donlan said:

> I'm running leafnode 1.9.31 on a gentoo linux system.

FYI Leafnode 1.9.41 is the latest.

> When I telnet
> localhost
> nntp I get:
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> [waits 5 secs]
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> Typing something in before it disconnects has no effect.
> I've attached my configuration files (with login info blanked)
[snip]  Please avoid attachments in the future.

That said doesn't Gentoo use xinetd instead of inetd?  What do your logs
say (I would guess that inetd stuff should go into /var/log/messages)?

--
William Hooper