Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode not sending response when I connect

Bryan Donlan schrieb am 2003-06-18:

> I'm running leafnode 1.9.31 on a gentoo linux system. When I telnet localhost
> nntp I get:
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> [waits 5 secs]
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> Typing something in before it disconnects has no effect.
> I've attached my configuration files (with login info blanked)

Try running "tcpdchk" and "tcpdmatch leafnode 127.0.0.1" to see if you
get useful output. (You may need to specify the full path as in
/usr/sbin/tcpdchk, on SuSE Linux these tools are in /usr/sbin which is
not in the default $PATH.)

You can try typing "leafnode: ALL EXCEPT 127.0.0.1" into
/etc/hosts.deny.

If there is absolutely no logging, then a) make sure your tcpd program
exists and is executable for the "news" user and b) check your
syslog.conf and if syslogd is running. The README file should have some
hints on how to set up syslogd for useful troubleshooting. Please show
log messages.