Re: [leafnode-list] lost newssrc...

Autor: Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [MA]
MsgID: 3EF37BEE.BeroList-2.5.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Datum: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:25:38 +0200

MA> Do you have any error messages in the logs? Did you change
MA> "only_groups_pcre" perhaps (unintentionally maybe), without running
MA> "fetchnews -f" after the option?

I have not any errors except bad authenticate to one server (wrong
password), and I have not only_groups_pcre in my config, but I change only
nodesc from 1 to 0 for news.nl.linux.org on adding it to config. After
fetching group list I back nodesc to 1.

But, I merge old newssrc from backup with new for this server, and now all
works great.

MA> You can try to run "fetchnews -fvvv" once, it should download the group
MA> lists from all servers and merge them.

I'll try -f and see is that solve my potentially future problem :)

--
  URKE MMI :: urke@xxxxxxx :: www.urke.on.to :: ICQ UIN 10479486
 Registered Linux User 280650 [counter.li.org] :: SLACKWARE LINUX