Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode is not pulling in any news

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 05:06:34PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:

> If the ppp-down were working right, it wouldn't need to detect the
> connection was down, would it?

Well, killing it in ip-down is just a shim to help when fetchnews takes
a while to notice the connection vanishing.  It's there to help with the
situation where the connection gets dropped and immediately reconnected.
fetchnews ought to notice by itself if left to its own devices.