Re: [leafnode-list] Secure Shell Connections

Jeff Grossman <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Is there a website which will show me how to use stunnel to allow Leafnode
> to connect to a secure news server?  I am particularly interested in
> connecting to Netscapes secure news server.

You'd need to mention if you're using stunnel 3.x or 4.x because they
have vastly different configuration. Both suggestions below are
untested.

3.x:

stunnel -c -D 4 -v 2 -f -d 987 -r secnews.netscape.com:563
(this is in foreground mode so it can report trouble, 987 is the port
and should be <1024, so no other user can hijack your credentials, if
necessary).

4.x stunnel configuration should be something like:

client = yes
debug = 4
foreground = yes
verify = 2