RE: [leafnode-list] Secure Shell Connections

Leafnode
> > to connect to a secure news server?  I am particularly interested in
> > connecting to Netscapes secure news server.
>
> You'd need to mention if you're using stunnel 3.x or 4.x because they
> have vastly different configuration. Both suggestions below are
> untested.
>
> 3.x:
>
> stunnel -c -D 4 -v 2 -f -d 987 -r secnews.netscape.com:563
> (this is in foreground mode so it can report trouble, 987 is the port
> and should be <1024, so no other user can hijack your credentials, if
> necessary).
>
> 4.x stunnel configuration should be something like:
>
> client = yes
> debug = 4
> foreground = yes
> verify = 2
>
> [nntps]
> accept = 987
> connect = secnews.netscape.com:563

I found the faq on your website for connecting to Sourceforge's secure
server and was unable to get it to work.  I realized that was for version 3
of stunnel, and I have version 4.  I eventually, after much trial and error,
got it to work.  I have used a little different configuration than your
suggestion above, but it works.  That is all I care about.

Thanks,
Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx)