Re: [leafnode-list] Small change request

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:00:58PM +0100, John Carlyle- Clarke wrote:

># Run fetchnews every hour now the we have broadband!
>0 * * * *   /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -v

	From my experience, funny things may happen using that.

	Imagine you have two newsservers to fetch news from, and send
articles to. Let's call them A & B.

	A is fine, but B changes your Message-ID (you may want to keep
that header untouched for filtering purposes) and adds a banner at the
top of the message. So, messages are only supposed to be sent through
that server if the group you want to post to is not present in server A.

	Now imagine you are composing a message at 16:57. When you
finnish composing it and you sent it, fetchnews has started running, and
the message may be sent using server B (if fetchnews is currently
downloading messages from server A), or not sent until the next hour
(if fetchnews is downloading messages from server B).

	Is there any config option to tell fetchnews not to send any
message that arrives while it's running?

	Regards,

	Chema.

--
E-mail: chema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | chema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx