[leafnode-list] Compiling leafnode2: problem with prefix and sysconfdir

Hi,

I'm trying to compile leafnode 2.0.0.alpha20030706b on my debian
server, but for some reason, the --sysconfdir option is not read.

Here's what I do:

/configure --sysconfdir=/etc/news --prefix=/usr

This displays the following configuration summary:

=== configuration summary: (NONE is ok here and means the default) ===
prefix:      /usr
sysconfdir:  /etc/news
             note that "leafnode" is automatically appended to
             sysconfdir
             spooldir:    /var/spool/news
             lockfile:    /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck
             RUNAS_USER:  news
             RUNAS_GROUP: 9

So it seems that the config is installed in /etc/news/leafnode.

After running make and make install, I want to run texpire -r, but
this gives me:

cannot open /etc/leafnode/config: No such file or directory

What could be the problem here ?

Thanks,
Dick