Re: [leafnode-list] Cancel questions

"D.J. Bolderman" <list-leafnode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've searched deja for this, but I only found some posts in German,
> which is not my best language :)
>
> How does Leafnode handle the control.* newsgroups ? Fetchnews reports
> it fetches a lot of articles everytime I run it, but the group itself
> stays empty.

Leafnode does not treat these newsgroups specially, but it treats some
articles with Control: header specially. Leafnode-2 is supposed to
handle Supersedes: and Control: cancel.

> Does it cancel the messages on my server it finds in that group ? I
> don't find anything about it in my logs...

Depends on the leafnode version.

> When I cancel my own article, which is at that time at my isp's
> server, I see the control message in that same group. Is this correct?
> (I would guess it would go to the control group...)

Some upstream news servers redirect all control messages to control.*,
leafnode doesn't do this.