Re: [leafnode-list] clock skew on feeding news server

bhoel@xxxxxx (Berthold Höllmann) writes:

> Is there an option to swithch of the annoying
>
> check_date: news.gnus.org: clocks of upstream and this computer are more than
> 10 minutes apart. Check your system clock.

No there isn't. Feed fetchnews' stderr through "grep -v check_date:" if
this annoys you. Better yet, complain to Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen.

> Im running SuSE 8.2 with leafnode-1.9.33.rel-12.

This leafnode version is outdated. Newer versions have fewer bugs, but
this check_date annoyance hasn't been fixed. Communication systems
should run with accurate clocks.

> bhoel@xxxxxx / http://starship.python.net/crew/bhoel/
>         It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads
>         (USC Title 47 Sec.227). I will assess a US$500 charge for
>         reviewing and deleting each unsolicited ad.

I'll want to watch you paying an American lawyer to file a suit if
$SPAMMER doesn't pay...