Re: [leafnode-list] Advanced filtering: Unfold headers?

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> my impression is (please CMIIW) that leafnode's (2.0.0.alpha*)
> filtering doesn't unfold headers.

There are two places where leafnode-2 can reject an article:

1. after XOVER, before ARTICLE: leafnode-2 constructs a fake header from
   the XOVER data and runs this fake header through the filter. Anything
   that got filtered will not be requested (it isn't appended to the
   "stufftoget" list).

This is where your References: PCRE should apply in the first place.

2. Anything that can only be figured from the real header should be
   nuked in store(), but indeed I do not see where store.c (around line
   176) unfolds lines. Can you run your examples with "STORE" and
   "FILTER" debugging enabled (that is, bit-wise or 2048 | 32 = 0x820
   into your debugmode)?

You should - amidst the many filter lines - get lines like

    store: read 123 bytes: "hiccup: blahblah...blah", to go: 974

in your debug log. Show me some of a folded header (they should contain
blanks after the first quote mark).

As to PCRE_MULTILINE, I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do. For
the header, a multiline match appears to be wrong unless we unfold.