Re: [leafnode-list] First time install: which version for Debian?

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:07:36PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Personally, I do not like Debian. -stable is way outdated the moment it
> is published, -testing - to me at least - appears as though maintained,
> but with no guarantees as to security, and -testing isn't stable.

In general I'd suggest considering running unstable over testing - in
practice it's reasonably stable and tends to get fixed quickly on those
occasions where it does break.

> Whatever you choose, make sure you're not using leafnode-1.9.19. Mark
> Brown said he'd be working on a leafnode 1.9.42 backport for Debian
> -stable, but he hasn't announced one here yet.

It's still not happened.  I've been various combinations of ill and busy
for the past month or so.