Re: [leafnode-list] slow fetching of headers with

Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 		Earlier this week I upgraded to leafnode-1.9.42.rel. While things are mostly
> working just fine one thing is driving me crazy. When accessing a newsgroup
> with a lot of articles it takes forever to access it. I don't think this is
> related to the news client. I've tried several. Did I miss something obvious
> when I upgraded?

Not that I'm aware of. Check the logs, see the TROUBLESHOOTING section
of the README file: does fetchnews complete, including the background
XOVER update? Does it log errors?

Does the problem go away when you run texpire?

What clients did you try?

How many are "a lot of" articles approximately?

What's your hardware like (CPU, RAM, Hard disk drive) and your operating
system, version and file system for /var?