Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode slow since 1.9.33

Rein Klazes <rklazes@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:03:00 +0200, you wrote:

>> agree that stat() is a problem performance-wise, and mixing articles and
>> newsgroups with the same name isn't the right concept. OTOH, leafnode-1
>> chooses "traditional spool" and this brings us this problem.
>
> Do you mean that leafnode-2 is likely not to have this problem?

1. leafnode-2 isn't yet released, so I can shuffle code as I desire and
   feel fit to solve the problem.

2. leafnode-2 locks down directory permissions so that I am able to
   change spool layout without breaking user software: software that
   directly accesses the spool isn't available.

> I had thought of something similar. Not being familiar with the code, I
> have currently no ambitions to do this fix myself though.

Please retrieve leafnode-1.9.43.devel1 from
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/ and see if it works for you and
is as quick as 1.9.27 used to be.