[leafnode-list] Re: How to debug missing (not-fetched)

On Thu, Aug 28 2003, Matthias Andree wrote:

[ It's seems you didn't Cc the list.  But as you don't write in
  German, I assume that it should have gone to the list. ]

> Reiner Steib schrieb am 2003-08-28:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 15 2003, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> > That's rather violent. "Initialfetch" should apply in these cases, but
>> > it's not set by default. Try initialfetch=500 or something.
>>
>> I added initialfetch after your message.  But now it happened again.
>
> quimby.gnus.org? LarsI's box?

Yup.

> Complain to him... even if a spam cancel removes "the most recent
> articles" from the group (with the highest numbers), the high number
> must not be adjusted downwards.

Yes, I already understood from your previous message that it's not
leafnode's fault.

> If it's news.gmane.org, get a foulish fish and beat Lars and should
> he use tradspooled/tradindexed or something, he'd better update INN
> (2.3.4 is the earliest that's good enough to survive a day or two).

If it happens again, I will complain to Lars.  I don't know if he's
using tradspooled/tradindexed.

JFTR, I didn't see the problem on Gmane yet:

Connected to news.gnus.org.
200 quimby.gnus.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.2.2 13-Dec-1999
Connected to news.gmane.org.
200 main.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.3.2

> As to initialfetch, there was a bug.

I probably misread your message.  (I though that it already should
work in 20030814a.)

> Patch against 20030814a below, feedback solicited.

Thanks.  If initialfetch doesn't work as expected next time, I will
report it.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,