Re: [leafnode-list] Stupid newbie question.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Eduardo Alvarez wrote:

> I am using leafnode with slrn to read news, and one of the
> things I'm not sure how to do is adding new newsgroups after
> initial setup.  For example, I want to add
> comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets to my list of
> groups, but, as it is not subscribed, I can' see it from slrn.
> Any help would be appreciated.  Of course, if this is a matter
> with slrn and not leafnode, please do tell...

It is an slrn matter.  In the group list window hit "a"and then
type in the name of the group.  Assuming fetchnews has found the
group available on your upstream server, it will show you the
standard placeholder message.  Tell slrn to subscribe to the group
(using "S"), and then read the message.  Next time fetchnews runs,
it should retrieve messages for that group.

--
Theodore Heise      <theo@xxxxxxxx>      Bloomington, IN, USA