Re: [leafnode-list] Can't get news from alternate server

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I access both a primary and an alternate NNTP server, but I am unable
> to get news from the latter. When I run fetchnews with the -vvv option
> (adding another `v' doesn't add any more info), I get this message
> related to the alternate server and the relevant groups are empty in
> Gnus:

There are inofficial updates (1.9.43) for Woody, courtesy of Mark Brown,
please see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.leafnode/1993 and
http://www.projectcolo.org.uk/~broonie/apt/

> How can I diagnose the problem? Note that before running fetchnews, I
> have subscribed to the groups on forum.mclink.it with Gnus and read
> the dummy articles.

The documentation of leafnode 1.9.43 is at
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/leafnode-readme.txt - the
TROUBLESHOOTING section should help you with diagnosing what command
fails and what the server responds. NNTP dialogues are most useful. Post
short excerpts (a dozen lines) to the list, make longer available on the
web or send bzip2'ed or gzip'ed files directly to my address.