Re: [leafnode-list] Couple questions...

Urke MMI <urke_kg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> -------[ start of inserted text ]-------------------------------~->
> urke:~$ sudo fetchnews -vvvv
> fetchnews mode: get articles, get headers, get bodies, post articles
> erased stale pid 8267 host omd.urosevic.net lockfile
> /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck found 0 articles in in.coming.
> news.setnet.co.yu: connecting to port 119
>   trying:    address 195.66.190.3 port 119...
>   connected: address 195.66.190.3 port 119.
> news.setnet.co.yu: connected (200), banner: "200 news.SETNet.co.yu
> InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.2.2 13-Dec-1999 ready (posting ok)." found
> 22 articles in out.going. Message-ID of
> /var/spool/news/out.going/30947-1064005899-1 already in use upstream --
> discarding article Posting /var/spool/news/out.going/17458-1064062373-1
> findgroup("yu.os.unix") called without prior readactive()
> Aborted
> -------[ end of inserted text ]---------------------------------~->
>
> What's wrong? My leafnode not working anymore (I must to go on some
> previous version, until this bug not be solved, or someone explain to me
> how to fix this :)

Can you obtain a stack back trace from the core file that fetchnews left
behind? See http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/FAQ.html for
documentation on how to do this.

If you don't have a core file, try setting

ulimit -c 32000

before running fetchnews, or run it under gdb, although the exact usage
may differ from shell to shell.

gdb /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews

run -nvvv

wait until it fails, then:

backtrace full

> Next question, can I disable getting newsgroups list on every fetch?
> This

That's an artifact of either the crash or at least one server not
working properly.

> And, can I unsubscribe me from this ML for e-mal address
> urke-kg [at] eunet [dot] yu? Please? I can't acces this my account for
> now, so I prefer to use this account from which I send this message.

Cornelius will have to use if the list requires your acknowledgment; if
BeroList supports "hop-off" mode, then I've just unsubscribed you.