Re: [leafnode-list] Can't get news from alternate server

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> There are inofficial updates (1.9.43) for Woody, courtesy of Mark Brown,
>
> I have seen it, but before messing with the news database I would
> first prefer to learn some more about the problem, in case it's
> related to my NNTP server.

There is no "messing with the news data base" in 1.9.43. Just update, it
will continue to read the 1.9.19 data base. The only trouble you may run
into is the host name -- there is a FAQ on that, see
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/README-FQDN.html

> But the additional info il limited:
>
> news.crit:
> <empty>
>
> news.debug:
> Sep 21 14:52:30 plato fetchnews[557]: 1.9.19: verbosity level is 3

Please set "debugmode=3" in your leafnode "config" file.