Re: [leafnode-list] Re: artutil.c:58: mgetheader: Assertion failed.

Reiner Steib schrieb am 2003-10-05:

> On Fri, Oct 03 2003, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> > Applyfilter truncates an article that has been filtered out, but it
> > assumes that some other part of leafnode weeds out these zero-sized
> > files.
>
> It seems that texpire (run by cron) has deleted the zero-sized files.

It's supposed to do that. Some leafnode parts truncate the file to 0
bytes to mark it as deleted, because the truncation affects all hard
links at the same time.

> > Does this patch help? Against 20031001a.
>
> Upgraded to 20031001a and applied the patch.  Now applyfilter hangs
> while reading my zero-sized /usr/local/etc/leafnode/local.groups:
..
> stat64("554", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1213, ...}) = 0
> open("554", O_RDONLY)                   = 5
> read(1,

read from stdout? Suspect. Can you attach gdb to the hung process and
obtain a stack backtrace please?