RE: [leafnode-list] Lck file

Mark schrieb am 2003-10-06:

> I just compiled and installed leafnode 1.9.43 on mandrake 9.1. Where
> is the leafnode.lck file written to when fetchnews is running.

If you still have the build directory around, just read the config.c
file (type "more config.c"), if you don't have it around, try:

strings `which leafnode-version`

The defaults are (from a stock config.c):

const char *spooldir = "/var/spool/news" ;
const char *sysconfdir = "/etc/leafnode" ;
const char *lockfile = "/var/spool/news/leaf.node/lock.file" ;

With installation into /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin.

There should be no need to manually remove the lock file. If leafnode
appears to get "stuck", please attach a debugger, obtain a stack
backtrace and post it here or send it to me. See the FAQ for detailed
instructions, they're shipping with the leafnode source in various
formats.

Note: if the debugger prints mostly lines with "??" on it, the backtrace
is not useful -- often because "make install-strip" was used. Re-install
with "make install" (omitting the -strip). See the FAQ for details (it
ships in various formats).

There was no problem with leafnode or the lock file, I was used to
seeing it in /var/lock/news/. After I installed 1.9.43 I was checking
things out and that's when I seen the difference in file locations.

Thanks for help.

Regards,
Mark
Samba Setup Guide: www.samba.netfirms.com