Re: [leafnode-list] Takes hours to dl headers!

Please indent the quoted text, but don't quote signatures.
Outlook supports the former, just enable it in the settings.

> It's LN 1.9.32-1 from the Mandrake 9.1 cd's (leafnode-1.9.32-1mdk).

I don't support leafnode 1.9.32. 1.9.43 is current, with tons of
bugfixes.

> Where are the logs?  There is nothing I can find in /var/log.  Syslog only
> shows the start of the FN run.  For example:
> Oct  4 12:20:00 main fetchnews[6446]: leafnode 1.9.32.rel: verbosity level
> is 1
>
> When I run LN from a console, I get lots of status messages.  Things like:
> Alt.binaries.cd.image: receiving article nnnnnnnnn (nnn more up in the air)
> .as article nnnnn in alt.binaries.cd.image
> .discarding unknown group alt.binaries.cd.image.games
> And so on an on and on.
>
> If I need /etc/syslog.conf edits, where do I find the necessary specs?

See the README file that should have been installed in something like
/usr/share/doc/packages/leafnode -- try "rpm -ql leafnode | grep README"
to figure. The README file has a section "TROUBLESHOOTING".