RE: [leafnode-list] only_groups_pcre - used for negation?

I have the following line in my config and it works great to stop all
binary groups;only_groups_pcre = (?!alt.binaries\.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Monique Y. Herman [mailto:spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 October 2003 5:54 PM
To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [leafnode-list] only_groups_pcre - used for negation?Hi all!  Hoping you can help me.I just installed leafnode about two days ago for my own use, and opened it
up to a friend's use yesterday.  Imagine my shock and horror (okay, more
like bemusement) when I realized that he'd subscribed to an mp3 group and
leafnode was sucking down data for hours on end.

Now, since then I've set initial_fetch and max_fetch, but that's only part
of the answer.My understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong!) is that filters only
affect individual messages -- they don't block a user from subscribing to
a whole group.

So, I would like to use a regular expression and only_groups_pcre to block
all groups containing the words "binaries" or "mp3" (I should probably
extend that to "warez", etc ... thoughts on good groups to
exclude?)  But I'm a pcre novice, and I keep screwing up the regex.Would someone be willing to 1) confirm that specifying groups negatively
through only_groups_pcre is possible and/or 2) give me an example pcre
that will do what I'm asking?

I'm using leafnode 1.9.43-3 on debian unstable.Thank you all so much for your time.

One more note -- when I attempted to search the mailing list for
only_groups_pcre, the search term got munged to onlygroupspcre, and
naturally didn't return anything.