Re: [leafnode-list] Seg-fault on fetchnews

Aquarion <aq+newsmaster@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi, I have occasional problems with fetchnews segfaulting on messages
> that are being posted via my mail->news gateway.
>
> That is, when certian messages are in spool/in.coming/, fetchnews
> segfaults consistantly. I've managed to capture one of the messages
> that consistantly causes fetchnews to segfault, and archived it at
> <http://www.aquarionics.com/tempstuff/crash-leafnode-3070-1065772500-1>
> (in case it makes a difference, the original filename is
> 3070-1065772500-1)
>
> I'm assuming that message has some property which breaks Leafnode, and
> if so I can hack pyg (the gateway) to either parse it out or get
> procmail not to gateway messages with that property, but as I can't
> see anything wrong with the message, I can't filter on it.

Looks like the mail has bogus folded headers (Message-ID). Granted, they
shouldn't crash leafnode and I'll try to fix that, but you'd need to fix
the mail2news software to not emit headers of the form:

Header-Name:
        Header-Data

This is invalid, the header must not be folded in a way that leaves a
line with just the header's name.