[leafnode-list] Update on slow new retrieval by fetchnode

In the last year two I've posted a couple of times about the very slow
speed at which fetchnews seems to retrieve news.  This is with a
dial-up connection to earthlink; often I would use, for example, only
1kB/S of the available 5kB/s.

We had various speculations about what features of leafnode might
account for the problem.

Earthlink changed/upgraded their newservers a couple of months ago,
and it seems to me that througput is much better now.  So the problem
was probably not with fetchnews, but with the server.  Or, it might
have been some interaction, but fortunately it's gone away.

At any rate, a little good news.