Re: [leafnode-list] Latest snapshot won't build

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, John Carlyle- Clarke wrote:

> My mistake... that was a different error that I got because I tried renaming the source directory.  The actual error should read:
>
> [jcc@pc69 leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20031009a]$ make
> cd . && /bin/sh /home/jcc/leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20031009a/missing --run autoconf
> autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
> make: *** [configure] Error 1

There are two problems:

1. Apparently, your "patch" command does not set correct time stamps. Try
   to run it with "-Z" option if it's GNU patch (you may need to back
   out the patch first and then re-apply it with -Z option).

2. The other problem is your autoconf is hopefully out of date. You need 2.57.

   Note though, when "patch" sets the times right, you won't need to
   update autoconf or automake, because these tools will not be needed
   for tarball or patched-tarball builds.