Re: [leafnode-list] Can't seem to get initial news list

<x-flowed>
Matthias Andree wrote:

Anyway, I believe I had leafnode configured correctly, but if I run fetchnews
it fails to get a list, and says I can't post to the server - which is
incorrect:

Somewhere in between, there is a problem, an active file size of 0 lines
is not correct. Try to set debugmode=3 in your config file, then re-run
"fetchnews -vvv" and see if it can fetch any news groups, or if it
cannot, why.

I fixed this, with the -vvv it game me enough information to see what was going wrong:

Since I'm migrating from nntpcache, I still have that running on 119
so I wanted to run leafnode on 9119.  I set the PORT variable to be such
assuming this was the port leafnode would listen on.

When fetchnews connected to the upstream server, it was this port it
tried to connect on, and obviously the remote server wasn't listening
on 9119.  I changed this back to 119 expecting the xinetd startup to stop
working, but it didn't.... *shrug*

anyway, so that's what the problem was.

thanks for your help,
-kt