Re: [leafnode-list] Newbie Question

Note that the list address is now
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

Herbert Graf schrieb am 2004-01-04:

> 	Just installed leafnode latest version on my redhat9.0 box. Everything
> SEEMS OK except no articles appear in my newsreader!

What newsreader are you using? Are the groups subscribed? Did you see
the placeholder article?

> I know that leafnode has downloaded articles since I can see them in
> the /var/spool/news subdirectories. Anybody know what I might have set
> up wrong? Also, does fetchmail run automatically or must I run it as a
> cron job? Thanks, TTYL

Cron job is a good idea - for texpire as well so that your /var doesn't
fill up some day.

Did you check the DEBUGGING section of the "README" file?

Do you have an exact list (from your shell's history, for example) what
you did to install leafnode?