Re: [leafnode-list] Killed count in log incorrect?

Laurence schrieb am 2004-01-17:

> Hi, I'm running version 1.9.43.rel.  I've set up a few entries in filters

Please update to 1.9.49 lest you want others left able to lock up fetchnews.

> and I'm 100% sure that articles are matching and being killed.  However
> running:
>
> grep killed fetchnews.log | grep -v " 0 killed"

Unfortunately, filter logging is not uniform, so this won't do.

Try: egrep '[kK]illed|[dD]iscarding' fetchnews.log

Note this is logged with priority info and facility news. Make sure your
syslog.conf settings actually capture this - something like
"news.notice" will not catch "info" logging. You may then also want to
grep -v 'already fetched before' if using multiple upstream servers with
overlapping news groups.