Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.49.rel fetchnews problems

"Mike Vanecek" <leaf_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am getting tons of messages such as
>
> news.software.readers: killed 170187
> (<rk38d1-tl5.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>), already fetched before

These are fine. You're using multiple upstreams and fetchnews is telling
you that a server queried previously already had this article downloaded.

> news.software.readers: killed 170050 (<3ffe5f73$1_1@xxxxxxxxxx>), too many
> groups in Xref: header (6 > 5)

maxlines filter.

> Log entries are being lost; logging is no longer working.

Not a leafnode problem. Is your /var partition full? Try restarting
syslog (send it a SIGHUP, particularly after rotating the logs and
before compressing them).

> I have to manually login to news and run fetchnews to clean out the active
> file. Even then, no messages are logged.

What does "clean out the active file" mean? You should not need to do
any manual treatment to active or groupinfo or whatever.

> I am thinking about going back to a previous version since this only started
> after the upgrade.

It is not related to the upgrade.