[leafnode-list] applyfilter -C message-ID (was: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20040122a snapshot available)

,----[ applyfilter(8) ]
|   -C     Switch  to  cancel  mode,  manually remove articles
|          with given Message-IDs.  Note that the  Message-IDs
|          must  be  given in angle brackets, which means that
|          you will need to protect them from the shell, exam­
|          ple:   applyfilter  -C  '<some.1234.id@xxxxxxxxxxx­
|          ple.org>'
`----

For me, this is unclear.  Does applyfilter send a control messages
("cancel <Message-ID>", RFC 1036) to the upstream server or is the
article only deleted from the local leafnode spool?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)